Monday 14 April 2014

PAPERCUT | STOCKHOLM

If you ever travel to Stockholm, you must, without a doubt, visit Papercut

Situated in Södermalm, this little store is an independent magazine haven. They stock a few mainstream titles, but the rest is a collection of beautifully crafted, graphic heavy masterpieces, which will not fail to seduce your creative imagination.  




It proved a fantastic source of inspiration for my current project for my final dissertation which is focusing on the travel industry. Cereal, Another Escape, Boat magazine were just a few of the stunning travel publications I fell upon, all providing inspiring layouts and image ideas. 








We spent at least an hour in the store trawling over every publication that caught our eye, photographing layouts and making notes, whilst the store owner sat there quietly humming to himself. This was obviously a regular occurrence, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest, as it's an addictive place. 



This was one of my personal favourites... 







If you're a slight publication fiend like myself, I would leave a good hour to let yourself explore this beautiful, visual sanctuary. And be sure to save some Krona, because without a doubt, you will want to invest in the mouthwatering creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment